Season of mists and mellow chest infections
Close bosom-friend of the offensive cough
- Child illness, necessitating taking several days off work in order to watch Heston Blumenthal re-runs, back to back. (Littlest is obsessed with the man.)
- Inevitable adult illness, necessitating spending several days struggling to catch up with missed work whilst feeling like the living dead.
- Big meetings, necessitating running around with tea urns and clipboards, and trying not to cough all over the cakes.
- Spending a whole morning sewing something, only to iron it and realise that the right sides had not been together, as had been previously thought, and the whole thing needed unpicking.
- My project to sew shorts, which will look nothing at all like I had planned. Whether or not this is a good thing remains to be seen, but early indications are not favourable.
- My Liberty star quilt, which will officially Never End. I keep getting new fabrics. I keep adding new stars.
- The fact that the bottom came off my mandolin.